Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day Seven of Captivity

Hiccups. That's the word of the day for me. Two days ago I started having deep hiccups every few minutes. It's because I'm not upright much at all. This has caused me to have terrible indigestion and heart burn. It kept me up all night last night, which is annoying. They're working on helping me out, but I'm tired.

Other than that minor detail, all is well as I prepare for my departure tomorrow. If all goes well today, they will discharge me tomorrow sometime. It all depends on when the docs can get to me in the morning or if they have any emergency surgeries. Bryon is frantically trying to get our room ready for me to "live" in. Bryon and Melissa are plugging in a mini-fridge and microwave next to the bed. Last night I had to order my shower stool (must sit) and a bedlounge pillow that will give me the support I need to function while sitting up for short periods. I also ordered Anabelle some new shoes because she showed up to visit me yesterday wearing shoes that were two sizes too small. She just doesn't like the shoes she has that are the correct size - and they are sort of falling apart, poor selection by me. Never fear....I won't get addicted to ordering online. We just needed those items and Bryon won't have a chance to get out and shop for tennis shoes.

Earlier today, I started to think about going home and started to cry again. I thought I was all cried out - not a tear left. I was mistaken. It's going to be a major adjustment period all over again. While I'm here, I have no option but to stay in my room. I'm already feeling anxiety that I won't be able to be the mom, wife, friend, and coworker that I'm driven to be. I mean come on...I'm not supposed to bend down to pet the cat! It's for a short period of time - I get it, but none-the-less, it's going to be hard.

This blogging seems all too personal...

Looking at my toes - it's time for a pedicure....damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment