Friday, February 5, 2010

Getting situated

It is so nice having my mom here. I feel like Bryon feels less pressure to take care of 100% of the needs of this household, even if for a short time. My room was a bit chaotic because we'd just begun to construct a third bedroom when this all happened. We'd placed the items from the open loft in various places, including my room...which is now my sole living space. I'd piled loose pictures that needed to be put into photo albums, lamps, miscellaneous parts to toys, etc. These all came from our large computer desk that had storage drawers. We cut up that desk and purchased a new sleeker version with no storage space. So you can imagine my room was a bit cluttered. Mom listened intently as I directed her where to put all the "stuff" while Bryon was at work and Anabelle was napping. It feels and looks soooo much better now. I have a table and chairs in here now so that Bryon and Anabelle can comfortably join me for meals and people can actually visit without sitting on the edge of my bed or standing. I also have more work space for my computer and other stuff I need. We also put away several items that I know I won't be using for several months. It opened up space. Bryon, Anabelle, and my mom are out right now with a lengthy list to fill in the gaps. I need a dorm-style shelving unit in which I can put my work files, medical files, magazines, etc. I also need more sheets, pillows, pillow cases, egg crates for my mattress, a picnic kit (so Bryon doesn't have to set me up with the essentials each morning), and a bunch of other items. I'm just trying to become as independent as possible in here so that I can alleviate at least some of the stress.

My mom also cleaned my ceiling fan blades - now I don't have to stare daily at the plaster dust. :) It's so nice.

I was able to work quite a bit today while Anabelle and my mom went to Edinborough Park (Adventure Park - big climbing tree, jumping house, etc) and during her nap. I feel like I'm finally catching up! Yay! It feels refreshing to still be able to keep functioning in that capacity too. They had such a good time at the park. Anabelle NEEDED to get energy out. She simply won't leave my room much and those of you who know her understand that she literally runs 90% of her day.

Let me say again how thankful I am that my mom is here during this first weekend of adjustment.

1 comment:

  1. Hi-
    Hope you got all the items you needed so you can be organized and comfortable! I bet Anabelle LOVES eating with you in the bedroom...she will think you need to do that forever now. At work today and hearing all the "jingles" over the PA when a baby is born and I CAN'T WAIT to cuddle that little baby in May!! We love you-
    Kristin, Andy and Mischiff

    ReplyDelete