Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sighs of Relief

We've reached the 25-week point! That's one more week behind us and one more week closer to our goal. Last week absolutely flew by, it being my first week at home. I'm having a bit of difficulty with remembering what happened during which week. It's all sort of jumbled. I think I need one of those big calendars on the wall so I can put a big red X through each day finished. Baby and I are doing well. That's one sigh of relief.

My room is looking good! Mom really helped figure out and set up some good additions in here. I now have most of what I need right within arms reach or reachable upon getting up for a bathroom break. This helps all of us feel that we can start to maintain, rather than catch up. Another sigh of relief.

My Mayo Dr. (Dr. Rose), called me last night. We spoke for about 25 minutes. I'd sent him a lengthy email detailing the results of my recent ultrasounds. They directly contradict the films he had in front of him from my January 5. We discussed, in detail, all of the questions I'd asked in my email. I got more information and comfort from him in 25 minutes than I did seeing seven doctors in eight days at Abbott. I'd also asked him if he personally knew and/or could recommend a Maternal Fetal Medicine doctor up here. He works very closely with the U of M MFMs and gave me specific names. He then looked up their phone numbers and sent them to me. He also offered to do whatever was necessary to help me transfer my care to them. He offered to make phone calls and send them emails to their personal/home addresses. He also gave me some good pointers to expedite the process of getting all of my medical records to them so they can begin to piece together the puzzle. He also sent me four educational articles on the various symptoms which I am presenting. I also mentioned that Abbott planned on taking care of the endocervical polyp approximately 6-8 weeks after delivery. I told him that I would definitely have that taken care of at Mayo. He immediately offered to set that all up and take complete care of me upon me notifying of my delivery. Let me just say this....he is simply WONDERFUL!!!! And that, is a HUGE sigh of relief to finally have some answers and to know that he is there to help me throughout this pregnancy.

Lastly, I cannot say enough about my neighbors and their unbelievable kindness. These women (and men) make the most wonderful meals! They make it so easy for Bryon to come home after a busy day and dish up plates for us. No dishes to wash (remember - we were just about to install a dishwasher before this incident), and no big mess to clean up. That gives him time to give baths, tend to laundry, etc. before going to bed. Some of these fabulous women have even delivered me lunch too! Thank you Stacy, Julie, Diane, Laura, and Jane! Another big thank you goes to Melissa, Oksana, Stacy, and Julie who have jumped in to help with Anabelle and to also help grab a few groceries or various items needed (Valentine's). :) Many neighbors have stopped by or called or brought by treats too, thank you - we truly appreciate all of your kindness. That is also a sigh of relief.

Here's hoping time continues to fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment