Thursday, February 4, 2010

Up in the air

Yesterday, when the OB nurse was here, she suggested that I prop some pillows under my butt for one hour mid-day so that it takes the pressure off of my cervix/placenta. I did it last night. It didn't feel good and I felt a little sick afterwards. I'll have to call my neighbor to see if she would suggest the same thing.

We have a very large window in our bedroom. It covers most of the wall. I'm so thankful to have that much natural light while I'm in here. And when it's nice enough...April or maybe even late March, I'll be able to open the windows and enjoy the fresh air. It'll be a funny site for the neighbors to see me sniffing out my window like a dog! Any day of the week they can drive by and, if I'm upright, they can see my little head in the window. I've been a bit annoyed when I hear something outside and can't twist to look at it, so as I was putting on some make up this morning, holding a hand mirror, I was able to see all that was going on in the street if I held it up. I keep it next to me now and grab it when I need to check something out. It certainly helps. It's the little things that make a difference these days.

I'll have to remember not to stick too many pillows under me so that the poor neighbors do not have to drive by and see my butt up in the air..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment